7 Tips For Choosing The Right Kitchen Worktops
The right kitchen workshop can last for years, and it’s a key feature that affects the overall look and functionality of your kitchen.
Worktop Installation works with customers across the UK who are looking to update this part of their home. Here are seven tips to help you choose the right kitchen worktop:
- Start off by deciding on your budget. Kitchen worktops come in a myriad of materials and fit many different price ranges. Determining how much you’re willing to spend will save you significant amounts of time during the shopping process. Our acrylic worktops are ideal if you are looking for an attractive yet affordable option. We also have compact laminate worktops which are equally cost-effective. Alternatively, you might be more interested in granite and quartz, which are more costly but are an excellent long-term investment.
- Determine the unique needs of your kitchen and how your worktop will be used. Will you be using it for cooking, baking, or is it mostly a place to store items like herbs, containers and more? This will help you determine what type of worktop will work best for you. Our local kitchen worktop fitters are always happy to advise you on our product range.
- Consider how durable you need the worktop to be. Some of us need material that works as hard as we do. Since a kitchen worktop is a long-term investment, it’s always worth considering the stretch and longevity of the material. Granite and quartz are very durable and can withstand heat, scratches, and stains. We regularly supply and fit these types of stone worktops. However, there are other more affordable synthetic materials available, which are also tough. Others love the natural look and pick wooden worktops.
- Think about how much maintenance the material will require. Some worktops require more maintenance and cleaning than others. For example, natural stone worktops like marble and granite will require sealing and regular maintenance to keep them looking their best. Solid wood, however, will need very different types of care.
- Choose a worktop that reflects your unique style. There are many styles and colors to choose from when it comes to kitchen worktops. Whatever your preferences when it comes to interior design, it’s best to choose a worktop that complements it. If needed, you can send us a drawing of what you want your design to look like. We can then make recommendations accordingly.
- Get a sample of the material if possible. This will enable you to see how it looks in your kitchen. This will help you make a more informed decision. Since we work with some of the best worktop manufacturers in the UK, you’re guaranteed to get the finest quality installation.
- Consider how long the installation process will take. Our team has an extensive knowledge of all aspects of fitting, cutting and joining a kitchen worktop. Highly experienced, we’ve been in this industry since 2000, so you’ll be in safe hands. We will fit your new worktop at a time that suits you, therefore reducing the amount of disruption to your routine.
We can help you choose a kitchen worktop that not only looks great but also meets your functional needs and budget.
If you need tips on picking the right kitchen worktop, don’t hesitate to contact our team for more information.